Now Enrolling for 2013-14
-Campus Tours Available Daily-
Call for an appointment - 831-449-5421
Preschool students may be enrolled at any time, on a space available basis. Grades K-8: In the months of January and February each year, priority is given to current students to re-enroll for the next school year. Enrollment is open to the public beginning in March of each year for the next school year. Enrollment for the current school year is accepted on a space available basis, when approved by administration.
Space Availability and Waiting List
We know that your child's education is very important to you. In order to maximize learning for each student, class size is kept to a mimimum, with a low teacher/student ratio. Because space is limited, enrollment for each class is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once a class is full, prospective students will be placed on a waiting list. In order to secure a space for your child, please turn in all applications, forms, and documents to the school office as soon as possible.
Preschool Early Childhood Education Admission Policy
Small World Nursery is licensed through the State of California and is a Non-Profit Organization sponsored by Sanctuary Christian Fellowship. Authorization for admission to Small World Nursery is made by the Director when each child is determined to be:
1. Over the age of 2 years and 9 months
2. Toilet trained (No Diapers, Training Pants, or “Pull-Ups”)
3. Socially, Emotionally and Physically Mature.
4. Ready for the type of age-related programs and education
Preschool Early Childhood Education Health Care Summary
Each child is required to have on file a physician’s report, which includes a record of up to date immunizations and the signature of the primary care physician. The physician’s report is to be completed before enrollment, or up to 5 days after enrollment, or the child will be removed from the program.
K-8 School Admission Policies
Attendance at Salinas Christian School is a privilege and admittance is by application only. The administrator or his/her assistant determines acceptance, including terms and conditions. Applications are available from the school office and must be completed in detail. The enrollment process is as follows:
1. Submit a completed application and all appropriate fees (application and testing), a copy of the student’s basic skills test, an up-to-date immunization record, a copy of primary health insurance and the most recent report card. An appointment for placement testing will then be scheduled (new students only).
2. Following notification of acceptance, the parents or guardians must sign a financial agreement and pay the enrollment fees to complete the enrollment process. A parent/guardian signature is required on the financial agreement. Your student will not be officially enrolled or have a space held unless the entire application is filled out completely and all applicable fees are paid. It is Mandatory that parents (new students only) attend the New Parent Orientation meeting.
3. Following review of the Admissions Application and testing results, the administrator will conduct a mandatory New Parent Orientation (new students only). Failure to attend the scheduled meeting will result in the child being removed from the classlist. Attendance will count toward volunteer hours.
4. Each year begins with a Back-To-School Night. Parent attendance is strongly urged. Attendance will count toward volunteer hours.
Salinas Christian School operates on a non-discriminatory basis. We admit students of any race, color, and national origin or ancestry. All students are given the rights, privileges, programs and activities that are made available at our school. The administration, however, reserves the right to dismiss or refuse admission to anyone unwilling to comply with the school’s religious philosophy, regulations, academic and behavioral standards.